- Conditions Of Sale
1. All the terms of the Contract between the purchaser and the Company “Elyzien”are contained in this document.
2. Additions or variations to the work specified in the Schedule supplied by the Company shall not have effect unless agreed in writing under the signature of duly authorised personnel of the company.
3. The purchaser will take responsibility for the measurements supplied at point of purchase. If this responsibility is to be offered to Elyzien there will be a survey charge of £500. Each opening will be fully surveyed and documented with photographs. If the openings are changed in any way to affect or prevent the satisfactory fitting of the product, the full contact value is due immediately wether the product is fitted or not.
4. The Purchaser shall grant the Company employees access to the premises at reasonable times for the purposes of taking measurements and of carrying out the work specified.
5. All door & screen samples and display units are used to demonstrate a typical window and its composition. All window(s) and door(s) shown in the Schedule will be measured and manufactured in the way considered suitable by the Company, and pursuant to the Company’s policy of continuous improvements to its products, it reserves the right to make any necessary modifications.
6. The Company Guarantees to repair or replace free of charge any part of the window or door framing material that becomes defective as a result of faulty materials or workmanship within a period of ten years from the completion date. All locking mechanisms, friction stays, hinges, handles, letterboxes, and door knockers are guaranteed for one year only from the date of installation. It is the customers responsibility to ensure that all such locking mechanisms are regularly lubricated. The Company will not accept any responsibility whatsoever should the customer not adhere to the foregoing recommedation.
7. Whilst the glass used is the best available, glass manufacturers will not give guarantee’s covering minor imperfections and the Company cannot be held responsible for such imperfections nor can the Company be held responsible for natural phenomena with sealed unit double glazing, such as Brewsters Fringe. All sealed units carry the Manufacturers normal 10 year Guarantee.
8. The Company Guarantee exclude damage or faults due to accident, misuse or neglect.
9. The Company undertakes to use its best endeavours to adhere to any delivery period quoted to the customer, but time shall not be of the essense of the Contract and the Company shall not be liable for any consequential loss, of any delay in installation caused by accident, fires, strikes, lock-outs, shortage of materials or other causes beyond the Company’s control.
10. The Company will make good any damage caused in the course of installation to plaster, floors, rendering or brickwork immediately surrounding any window or door installed but cannot be held responsibility for non-matching through weathering to existing materials. The Company does not undertake to provide matching ceramics or other tiles or to match surrounding wallpaper or paintwork which may have been damaged. The Company accepts no responsibility for any damage resulting from structual or other defects in the property at which the installation was carried out.
11. Any complaint or claim by the Purchaser for compensation for damage done by the Company for which it may be liable under these terms and conditions must be made in writing to reach the Company within 48 hours of installation in default of which the Company will accept no liability therefore.
12. Upon part of full payment by the Purchaser a binding contract will be created in respect of the order details of which are given in an order or schedule sheet and such a contract shall not be subject to cancellation by the Purchaser although the Company reserve the right to cancel any order by refunding all monies paid upon receipt of an unsatisfactory survey report from its Surveyor or in the event of unsatisfactory credit references (should they be required) being obtained in respect of the Purchaser. Without prejudice to its right to claim damages for breach of contract the Company may at its sole descretion in appropriate cases agree to the cancellation of an order by the customer upon the payment to the Company of all expenses incurred by it prior to the day of cancellation.
13. It is the resposibility of the customer to ensure planning permission is obtained if applicable.
14. No guarantees will be issued until payment is received in full.
15. All goods remain the property of Elyzien Ltd. until paid for in full.
16. These conditions apply to all units detailed to any Quotations or Order forms.
17. Deposits are required against all trade sales before orders can be processed. 50% of total price for any product, 45% before delivery and the remaining 5% once delivered.
18. Installation: 50% Deposit & 50% due on completion of installation.
19. Elyzien retain the right too amend these terms & conditions without notice.